I understand marketing.
I’ve spent the last decade developing my ability to launch a product or service and get it in front of the right audience. From small business to global corporations, from traditional to digital marketing, I know what it takes to stay ahead of the competition.
I'm passionate about design.
I believe my creativity is both an inherent trait and a learned skill. My ability to take abstract ideas or complex processes and transform them into designs that are aesthetically pleasing took years of practice and professional application to master.
Delivering creative excellence for over 10 years.
I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design from The Art Institute of California – San Diego.
2017 – Present
Kacee Laine Design Studio
With over a decade of design and marketing management under my belt, I decided to embark on a new creative endeavor and launch my own digital design studio.
- Utilizing my expertise and passion for web design, I create stunning Squarespace websites for clients worldwide.
- I offer a wide range of services to my small business clientele, including branding, design, and marketing.
2008 – 2017
Hitachi Solutions America, Ltd.
A global software solutions consulting firm. Recruited by the Marketing Manager, I started my career at Hitachi in an entry level position and worked my way up to a Director role.
Senior UI/UX Designer (2015-2017)
- Recognized for my versatile design skills, I was asked to take on a secondary role to launch a web-based application.
- As part of this promotion, I executed all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
Deputy Director of Marketing (2014-2017)
- I was promoted to a strategic director role in a new division, where I managed a dynamic team and oversaw all aspects of web, social, marketing, and design.
- By leading an effort to consolidate all marketing and web assets from 5 different product groups into a single platform, I was able to save the company $100k per year.
Marketing Manager (2010-2014)
- After growing with the company for two years, I pursued an opportunity to take on a leadership role and was offered the position of managing the marketing department.
- Entrusted with a $1M annual marketing budget, I orchestrated the allocation of funds for trade shows and advertising campaigns to generate qualified sales leads.
Marketing Specialist (2008-2010)
2006 – 2008
A boutique interior design agency focused on designing athletic club interiors. This is where I got my feet wet as a Graphic Designer while completing my degree.
- Harnessing the power of my newly acquired Photoshop skills, I designed mockups of interiors that helped the agency land substantial clients.
- Following a beach theme for a gym daycare, I illustrated a 40’ long vector mural – my first big project as a designer.